Memories of my life and my subsequent journey as a vegan

November 23, 2009

Halloween-updated with pics!


Okay, I ended up doing nothing this past Halloween, having dressed up for the past four years in a row.

Since I might cause a stampede if I posted pics of me dressed up as an adult. I thought the next best alternative would be to post some pics of me dressed up as a clown when I was a young lady of almost four in Los Angeles, circa 1970!

Be sure to double click the pictures for a better view!


During October I had been getting emails about Halloween parties in Colombo from the "Sri Lankan Nightlife Group" on Facebook. Just curious are any of you members of that group?

I've never been to a Halloween party in Sri Lanka seems like now its becoming part of the Holidays in Sri Lanka. Have any of you had the experience of dressing up for Halloween in Sri Lanka? I looked at the participants on the "Sri Lankan Nightlife Group" on Facebook for the Halloween event, looks like there are a lot of people from International schools. Does this mean that most of the Halloween dressing up crowd is younger i.e. teenagers or twenties?

When I moved to the States I was fascinated by the dressing up aspect of Halloween. So for a couple of years I dressed up as another persona.It was pretty fun to become someone else for a night.Here in the US most of the costumes seem to emphasize sexiness for women.I was wondering if costumes are available in Sri Lanka or do people have to make them themselves?

2 comments:

  1. One of my friends who works at John Keells organized the Keells Super Halloween party this year, and it was apparently a big success. This is the first time I have heard of a Halloween party being organized here, and the crowd would mostly be the young clubbing/outgoing crowd, some of my friends (all teenagers, but not from an international school) also attended the aforementioned party... :)

    The photos of the kid you are really cute btw! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chavie,

    Thanks for reading my post and giving me an update on that Sri Lankan Halloween event!

    Sounds like that Halloween party might become an annual event in Sri Lanka, judging by its popularity this year.

    Awww, thanks hun I'm glad you liked my pics :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger

Followers

Search This Blog

Favorites

  • Lionel Richie, Glen Campbell
  • Eagles, Carpenters, ABBA
  • Elton John, Beatles, Bee Gees,
  • Victoriana
  • Eighties music
  • The English Patient