Memories of my life and my subsequent journey as a vegan

February 7, 2012

What's been happening in my life since my last post

It's time to do another posting to my blog.I don't have any bright ideas to write about, so I'll just post about memorable happenings in my life since I posted last.

New Year's Day has come and gone. I didn't go to any parties this year as I was house sitting for my brother in Arizona. I had a nice quiet time there, cooking, watching t.v. and looking after my brother's dogs and cats.Some of the t.v. programs I watched were 'Lark Rise to Candleford', 'Ballykissangel', 'Monarch of the Glen', 'Jazzy Vegetarian', 'Two and a Half Men' and 'The Big Bang Theory'.

One of my favorite t.v. dramas started recently with the 2nd series, namely 'Downtown Abbey Series 2' on Masterpiece Classic on PBS.It's something to look forward to every Sunday night.

I went to Chinatown with one of my friends for the Chinese New Year celebrations. Missed the parade but saw several dragon dances.
 
I just had another birthday in February, became a year older and wiser.I didn't do anything special except eat cake with family.Also attended the Sri Lanka Independence Day celebrations in Los Angeles.Had fun dressed up in Kandyan sari ,felt very glamorous and enjoyed the concert. 

2 comments:

  1. BBC here in Lanka has not shown Lark Rise to Candleford..! Pity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's a great drama, I was quite addicted to it,unfortunately they are not showing it on PBS in California either.I found episodes on Youtube but not the same picture quality as watching it on tv.

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger

Followers

Search This Blog

Favorites

  • Lionel Richie, Glen Campbell
  • Eagles, Carpenters, ABBA
  • Elton John, Beatles, Bee Gees,
  • Victoriana
  • Eighties music
  • The English Patient